Stone Hill Full Day Rock Climb | Lake Koocanusa
Rock climbing at Stone Hill near Lake Koocanusa is arguably some of Montana's best and most scenic climbing. Join our incredible guides for a full day of rock climbing in Montana Paradise. This location offers over 500 routes with sport, trad and multipitch climbing available. Our climbing season for this location runs from late May through mid October.
Try out some of the famous routes like Room With a View or Sky Is The Limit.
All experience levels are welcome. Our incredilbe guides will will put you on the right routes and customize their teaching to fit your ability level and goals for the day. The climbing ranges from mellow 5.6 to advanced 5.11 route.
Advanced climbers will find that this destination is what they've been looking for. We can provide more advanced sessions to push your skills to the next level with trad climbing, setting anchors and more. Stone Hill offers the best climbing around Glacier National park and northwest Montana.
This seven hour adventure leaves time for you to enjoy breaks and lunch with breathtaking views over lake Koocanusa, a 90 mile long reservoir in Northwest Montana. Come one, come all to enjoy this incredible climbing area with top guides for a Montana adventure.
Why Book This Trip?
- THE top rated outdoor experience on Tripadvisor!
- Best views over the gorgeous Lake Koocanusa
- The premier rock climbing in northwest Montana
- Over 500 routes with sport, trad and multi-pitch
- Personalized treatment from fantastic guides
- All climbing equipment including shoes and harness
- Safety helmet
- Certified guide
- First aid kit if needed
What To Bring
- Bottled water
- Lunch / Snacks
- Rain jacket & Warm clothes
- Long pants are recommended to protect against mosquitoes and abrasions
- Wear tennis or hiking shoes for the short hike to the climbs
- Sun protection
- 15.5 miles west of Eureka on MT Hwy 37 (75 minutes north of Whitefish)
- Open on Google Maps
- Email confirmation upon booking
- Weather - We will climb in light rain. If we are forced to quit climbing due to rain or lightning, the cost of the trip will be prorated and a partial refund will be issued
- Not recommended for travelers that are pregnant or with back issues