Experience the outstanding views and breathtaking vistas of Glacier National Park and the iconic Going-to-the-Sun Road with a fully private tour experience. Traverse the full legnth of the scenic byway with a local guide as you learn more about the fascinating history, geology, and culture of the region. A completely private Going-to-the-Sun Road experience you're welcome to opt-in for a short hike or just spend more time enjoying the views.
This private tour begins at 8am and will head towards the West Glacier Entrance of Glacier National Park. As you begin your journey through the park enjoy scenic stops around Lake McDonald such as Apgar Village and the Lake McDonald Lodge before begining the ascent to Logan Pass. Take in sweeping views of the ancient glacially carved valleys while your expert guide shares their in-depth knowledge of the park.
A full day trip lasting about 8 hours you'll travel the entire length of Going-to-the-Sun Road with a roundtrip from West Glacier. Popular must-see highlights along the way include Lake McDonald, Upper McDonald Falls, Weeping Wall, Logan Pass, Jackson Glacier Overlook, and St. Mary Lake to name a few.
After an exciting and informative journey, you're welcome to stop for a short hike to stretch the legs and experience a new perspective from the trail. Rather spend some time by the water? Feel free to opt for a quick stop by the beach and a dip in the chilly waters, a perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day!
Want More Private Tours of Glacier National Park?
Experience everything the Crown of the Continent has to offer beyond Going-to-the-Sun Road. Venture to the beloved Many Glacier valley or the local favorite Two Medicine region. Create a fully custom itinerary tailor fit to your preferences.
Looking for a private guide to hike the trails? Explore iconic destinations such as The Highline or Avalanche Lake with a expert local guide to show you the way.
- Meeting Point - This tour meets in Columbia Falls, MT about 20 minutes from the entrance to West Glacier. Open in Google Maps.
- Must carry a Glacier Site Pass prior to arrival (separate from vehicle reservation, which is NOT required)
- Guide Tip: Parties 3+ should purchase a 7-day private vehicle pass.
- Glacier Park Annual, America the Beautiful, or Military/Senior Lifetime Passes are valid in place of Site Pass for full party size.
- Lunch available for additional per person cost.