Avalanche Lake Guided Day Hike In Glacier National Park
Want to experience Glaicer’s most popular hike without the hassle of getting a vehicle reservation for Going-to-the-sun Road or worrying about parking? Look no further, we’ve got you.
Imagine embarking on a breathtaking adventure along the Avalanche Lake trail in an intimate setting (no more than 14 per group) with a friendly and knowledgeable guide. Your journey begins at the Trail of the Cedars trailhead, where you'll be surrounded by the lushness of the ancient forest, with towering western red cedars and western hemlocks creating a serene atmosphere.
As you continue along the trail, you'll be treated to awe-inspiring sights of avalanche blowdown, massive glacial erratics, and a glacier-fed cirque basin that will leave you misty-eyed with wonder. Your knowledgeable and experienced guide from the Glacier Institute will provide in-depth education on wildlife, geology, and ecology, enriching your hiking experience with fascinating insights into the park's natural wonders.
While the hike involves a total distance of around 5 miles and an elevation gain of 730 feet, rest assured that the pace and difficulty level will be accommodating to most hikers. At the end of the day, you'll come away with a deep appreciation for the natural wonders of Glacier National Park and a sense of accomplishment from completing this popular hike.
Why Join This Hiking Tour?
- Skip The Challenges - None of the normal headaches of getting a vehicle reservation pass or trying to find parking at Avalanche Lake at 10AM.
- Beautiful Vistas - You'll have the opportunity to appreciate the beauty of Glacier National Park, from the stunning Lake McDonald at the beginning of the hike to the breathtaking Avalanche Lake and its surrounding scenery.
- Amazing Guides - We can already tell you'll like them! Your knowledgeable guide will share information about the wildlife, geology and history of the area along the way, deepening your appreciation for Glacier and helping you feel safe along the hike.
Looking For Less Hiking?
If you're looking to experience Going-to-the-sun Road and Logan Pass more of a sightseeing mindset and only doing shorter hikes to scenic points, we've got you covered with this guided tour stopping at all the major points of interest.
Looking For More Hiking?
If you want to spend more time on the trail we'd recommend you checkout the following guided hike.
- Highline Trail - ~8 mile hike from Logan Pass
- All participants must be able to hike ~5 miles and 750 ft of elevation gain.
- Meeting Point - This tour meets in Columbia Falls, MT about 20 minutes from the entrance to West Glacier. Open in Google Maps.
- Must buy a Glacer pedestrian entry pass prior to arrival (this is not a vehicle reservation, as that is included in the tour)
- This guided hike is available to book through the fall (Oct/Nov) weather depedant.