Want to experience Going-to-the-Sun Road without the stress of vehicle reservations, white knuckled driving or simply wondering if you're missing out on all the top spots in Glacier Park? This is your complete Going-to-the-Sun Road educational experience that includes stops and short hikes to iconic points along Going-to-the-sun Road.
Your guided tour will begin at 8am as you head towards to West Glacier entrance to Glacier National Park. Along the road, you will have chances to stop and learn about must see sites such as: Lake McDonald, Upper McDonald Creek, Trail of the Cedars, Bird Woman Falls, Weeping Wall, Logan Pass, Jackson Glacier Overlook, Sun Point, and Rising Sun to name a few.
This full day 8-hour program will traverse the full length of Going-to-the-Sun Road with a round trip to and from the West Glacier entrance. Along the way you'll have the opportunity a short hike, only about 1.5 miles total. This is an excellent tour experience for those looking for limited hiking, but exceptional views and photo opportunities for the whole family!
This small group tour (up to 14 people maximum) experience will feature the must see highlights of Going-to-the-Sun Road all with a knowledgeable and experienced guide. You'll learn about the history, flora and fauna, and geology all while enjoying world class views from one of the most scenic drives in the USA.
Looking For More Hiking?
If you want to spend more time on the trail we'd recommend you checkout the guided Glacier Park hikes below.
- Hidden Lake Overlook - ~3 Miles from Logan Pass
- Highline Trail - ~8 mile hike from Logan Pass
- Avalanche Lake - ~5 miles from Avalanche Lake Trailhead
- Grinnell Glacier - ~11 Mile Hike in Many Glacier area of Glacier Park
Important Information for Going-to-the-sun Road Tour
- Meeting Point - This tour meets in Columbia Falls, MT about 20 minutes from the entrance to West Glacier. Open in Google Maps.
- Must carry a Glacier Site Pass prior to arrival (separate from vehicle reservation, which is NOT required)
- Glacier Park Annual, America the Beautiful, or Military/Senior Lifetime Passes are valid in place of Site Pass for full party size.
- Must bring your own food and water, this is not included in the tour.